What is a sleeping bag?
A sleeping bag is like a wearable blanket that keeps your little one at an optimal temperature throughout the night.
Choosing a good sleeping bag for your baby or toddler plays a great role when it comes to getting more sleep. A sleeping bag is a perfect alternative to traditional blankets or bed sheets. They not only dismiss the suffocation threat posed by blankets by keeping the baby’s face clear but at the same time keep the baby warm, cozy and comfortable promoting better sleep health.
What are the benefits of a sleeping bag?
- No additional bedding is required to keep the baby warm and comfortable.
- Sleeping bags maintains an optimal temperature throughout the night, thus the baby sleeps soundly without any disturbance and fluctuations. And a baby that sleeps soundly has a better physical and mental health and also is less cranky.
- It ensures that the baby sleeps safely. Since there are no blankets or duvets that can come on the baby’s face and pose a suffocation threat, the baby sleeps safely in its sleeping bag.
- A sleeping bag helps in the easy transition from bassinet to a cot, and then from a cot to a full-fledged bed.
- Complete the bedtime routine in a baby’s sleeping bag – you can cuddle your baby and then place them in their cot, which makes settling much easier.
- Create a positive sleep association – your baby will quickly develop a sleep association with their sleeping bag, meaning that every time they are put in their bag, it’s a strong cue that it’s time to sleep.
- a baby that sleeps in a sleeping bag is familiar with the sleep environment, so when we take the baby sleeping bag on holidays or anywhere outside, your baby sleeps peacefully without being affected by the change in place.
There is a wide variety of baby sleeping bags available in the market with different sizes, colors and designs. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind before you buy a baby sleeping bag:
- TOG ratings
- the material of the sleeping bag
- size of the sleeping bag
- multiple uses of the sleeping bag
Best Baby Sleeping bags: Reviews and Buying Guide
1. Nagar International baby’s cotton sleeping bag
It provides a safe, comfortable and cozy environment to the baby to have a peaceful and pleasant sleep.
The lightweight of the bag enables you to carry it easily wherever you go.
- Soft, safe and skin-friendly fabric.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Best for newborn baby
- Very attractive design with lion image embroidery.
- Washable and Durable.
2. Amardeep and Co Baby Sleeping Bag Cum Baby Carry Bag
- Soft, safe and skin-friendly fabric
- Lightweight and easy to carry
3.BRANDONN Sleeping Bag for Babies
This sleeping bag assures sound sleep for your baby. It is a must for all those who want their baby to enjoy a sound and peaceful sleep.
- The Brandonn Sleeping Bag creates the perfect sleeping environment for your baby.
- It helps to ensure a constant temperature to prevent your baby from waking up.
- It has extra material on the sides, so you can comfortably tuck in your young one.
- It is Proportionately made so you can wrap your baby easily in this sleeping bag. No matter how much your baby likes to squirm or kick, this sleeping bag will perfect for them.
- The outer material is fur, and the inner material is flannel. The cotton flannel fabric has a layer of fine and clean fluff. The material is soft, smooth and lightweight which is perfect for baby blankets.
4. Toddylon Baby Fly 3 in 1 Baby’s Cotton Bed Cum Sleeping Bag
Toddylon baby bedding is made of fabric that is skin-friendly for your baby and it comforts your baby.
It can be used in 3 ways.
1. When it is completely open, it is used as a bed.
2. When zipped it is used to carry your baby comfortably and safely. It also provides protection from mosquitoes/bugs.
3. It can be used as a safety blanket and the hood on the head helps to cover your baby’s head and ears.
5. Orange and Orchid 3 In 1 Baby Cotton Bed Cum Sleeping Bag
3 In 1 baby sleeping bag is used in 3 ways.
- it can be used as a sleeping bed for the baby.
- it can used to carry the baby safely while going outside.
- it can be used as a wrapper to keep the baby warm. it also protects the baby from mosquito and bugs.
The inner part is filled with recron so it is a washable bed. After washing also it will regain its original shape.
How to choose a proper sleeping bag?
If you want your little one to feel cozy and comfortable throughout the day and also want them to have a peaceful sleep, then sleeping bags are a must-buy. To make your purchase easier, here is a buying guide that will help you find the best sleeping bag at an affordable price.
- Size: almost all the sleeping bags have a size range of 0-6 months. some can be used till 8 months. so make sure what size you want before you buy it.
- Comfort Level: new moms want to make sure that their babies are at utmost ease and comfort in sleeping bags. So the comfort level is their priority. Sleeping bags with a zipper-lock is more comfortable than the ones without it.
- Material: Before you buy a sleeping bag, you should consider the material it is made up of. cotton-based sleeping bags are the most preferred and comfortable sleeping bags for babies.
- Compact Size and Portability: the usage of sleeping bags is not only for making the baby cozy and comfortable, but it is also used to carry the baby outside. so buy sleeping bags that are lightweight and easily portable.
- Durability: When it comes to buying baby products, quality and durability is the priority. low-quality sleeping bags are not durable and not usable in the long run. branded and high-quality sleeping bags should be bought so the baby is at ease all the time and no discomfort is caused to them.
- Safety: sleeping bags should be manufactured with the highest safety standards. Always buy sleeping bags that are made in consonance with the highest safety standard because when it comes to safety, we cannot make any compromises.
- Price: Sleeping bags of varied price range is available in the market. but you are not required to invest a lot of money in it. a very good quality sleeping bag with all the required features is available at a very reasonable price so we are not required to put a lot of money into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are sleeping bags washable?
Answer: Yes, almost all the sleeping bags available in the market are easily washable.
2. Until how many months can a baby rest in sleeping bag?
Answer: It varies from brand to brand but generally a sleeping bag can be used from 0 to 6 months only or maximum 8 months. Babies older than 6 months do not use sleeping bags.
3. What is the material of sleeping bags?
Answer: Sleeping Bags are made of 100% cotton to keep the baby comfortable.
4. Does all sleeping bags have zipper?
Answer: Not necessarily. most sleeping bags have zipper but some might also have velcro lock.
5. Are all sleeping bags portable?
Answer: Yes, all sleeping bags are portable and easy to carry everywhere.
sleeping bags are an indispensable thing which a baby requires for a peaceful sleep. Every mother should own at least two sleeping bags for the baby and ensure that
- the baby sleeps soundly
- the baby sleeps safely
- the baby is protected from bugs and mosquitoes
- the baby remains warm and at a comfortable temperature.